Accessing Adult Social Care through the See and Solve Team

Community See and Solve is Adult Social Care’s first point of contact for people living in Hull.

We use solution focussed conversations to support people to access the most appropriate information, advice or services which will help people to maintain their independence and prevent or delay the need for formal support.

We have number of staff working in this team including -

  • Social Workers
  • Social Care Advisors
  • Occupational Therapists
  • Occupational Therapy Assistants.

We work with people on a short-term basis, usually for up to 72 hours. If we are unable to support you, we will refer you onto the most appropriate service within Adult Social Care. The See and Solve team do not complete assessments. These assessments are completed by the team who will receive the referral.

You can get in touch with us by -

Telephone - 01482 300 300
Email - see&

Complete an online referral

Information and Advice Hubs

Adult Social Care's See and Solve Team are providing face to face hubs to support people with their care and support needs.

Hospital See and Solve Team

Hospital See & Solve are Adult Social Care’s first point of contact for people who are currently in hospital.

 A hand being held

If you, or someone you know, are finding it difficult to remain independent and cope day to day, we can help you access adult social care services.

When we arrange care for you, you might have to pay towards the costs.

You may decide that you can make arrangements to pay for your support privately.

A personal budget is the amount of money the council has worked out to meet your care and support needs. You can have the money as a direct payment for you to choose your own care and support.

Find the right housing option for you, from care homes to sheltered housing and extra care housing.

Find out more about advocacy and handling someone else's affairs, or search for groups and organisations who can help in the community directory.

I am a carer and care for someone

Information and advice to help you if you care for a loved one.

Mother and daughter hugging

Moving from Children Services to Adult Services.

Aids, equipment and adaptations designed to make your life easier at home.

If you have concerns about an adult and their wellbeing and safety. You can report your concerns here.

Occupational Therapists work with you to help you to live as independently as possible at home.

This may be done through advice on how to do things different or may involve the use of equipment, aids or adaptations.

A home adaptation can help to give you more freedom into and around your home and make it easier to use essential facilities in your home.

If you or someone that you live with has a disability, you may be eligible to receive a financial assistance to help pay for adaptations to your home.

Assistive technology

Assistive technology is equipment and services which can be provided to help you live more safely and as independently as possible at home.

Young hands holding old hands