Paying for Care - Self-Funders
If you are paying the full cost of your care directly to the person providing your care (for example, home care agency or residential home) you are known as a 'self-funder'.
If you are self funding, it is usually because:
- you do not want a social care assessment
- you have chosen not to approach social care services for help
- you do not want to be financially assessed
- you have had a social care assessment but are not currently eligible for care and support services
- you have had an assessment which shows you are eligible for support, however your savings and assets are above the threshold set by the Government