Blue badges

Blue Badges help people with disabilities or health conditions park closer to their destination. You can apply for a badge for yourself, on behalf of somebody else or an organisation that transports people that need a Blue Badge.

Motability Scheme

If you receive -

  • the higher rate mobility component of Disability Living Allowance enhanced rate of the mobility component of PIP
  • War Pensioner’s Mobility Supplement

It is possible to use it to buy or lease a car that has been specially adapted for your use through the Motability Scheme.

If you do not qualify for this scheme you can make your own arrangements to have a car adapted by contacting a local car dealer who does Motability work.

Regional Drivers Assessment Centre (RDAC)

Disabled drivers can get practical advice about driving, an assessment of their capabilities, and advice about car adaptations and/or choice of car from Driving Mobility.

They offer professional, high quality information, advice and assessment to individuals who are recovering from an accident or injury or who have a medical condition which may affect their ability to drive or access a motor vehicle.

Advice for non drivers

The RDAC are offering free advice and support to explore what travel options are available to you in your local area and beyond.

They can offer -

  • advice on driving
  • advice on accessing public transport
  • information on accessible transport
  • help to improve your confidence to travel