Carers UK offer advice and guidance on all issues relating to caring for someone. They also offer a support system where you can talk to other carers in the network.
Online and mobile App to Support Carers (Jointly)
Developed by Carers UK, Jointly is an innovative mobile and online app that is designed by carers for carers. It makes caring easier, less stressful and more organised by making communication and coordination between those who share the care as easy as a text message.
You can create a circle of care for the person you are looking after. Once you have set up your Jointly circle you can start using Jointly to organise care.
You can use it on your own or you can invite other people to join you and share the care.
Carers Trust is a national organisation of carers support services with a network of independently managed centres across the UK. The centres provide a range of services, including –
- information and advice on benefits
- care and access to services
- support and practical help for carers
Carers Trust believes in a world where the role and contribution of unpaid carers is recognised and they have access to the quality support and services they need to live their own lives.
They also offer help and support on a wide range of topics relating to caring.
Carers Champion Training
If you or someone you know works with carers, or want to learn more about being a carer you can become a 'Carer's Champion'.
Hull's CISS, supported by the Hull Carers Partnership Board, has developed an interactive online training session to become a 'Carers Champion'.
The training is aimed at professionals, volunteers and members of our communities who are interested in increasing their awareness about:
- recognising unpaid carers
- find out what support is available locally and nationally to carers
- how to refer a carer for support
Mobilise for Carers
Mobilise is a free service available to Hull residents, run by carers for carers. They offer -
- Regular e-support packages with information, practical advice, and entertainment
- Virtual cuppas for anybody needing some social contact
- One-to-one coaching support for anybody with a knotty problem they’d like to work out